Launch your career with New Neighbors Moving as a mover and discover the job opportunities for growth into a mover/driver position. At New Neighbors Moving your job opportunities for growth are endless.
As a mover, you will have a partner and together you provide a world class customer service experience in the handling of each customer's possessions. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine general labor with their customer service talents.
We are a fully licensed and insured moving company in Grand Rapids and Lansing area, and we are always hiring and take applications!
Our compensation is extremely competitive, and movers get tipped! Because of this, we are selective in our recruiting process.
The following are required to be considered for an interview:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 21 yrs old
- Prior moving, van line, furniture delivery, or large package delivery is a plus but not necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional attitude and demeanor and appearance
- Experience in the fields of general labor, landscaping, construction or warehouse helpful
- Strong logic and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of dollars, weight measurement, volume, distance and time)
- Stamina to lift heavy items (200 lbs or more With help) repeatedly while climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, walking, etc.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Valid chauffeur's license and DOT medical card with a good driving record ( will help you get them if you don't have them)
- Willing and able to pass a criminal and driving background check and drug-screen prior to employment
A qualified candidate has the following characteristics:
- Full Time, Part time and seasonal Availability
- Toughness - the job is physically exhausting. Moving for 10 or more hours with nothing but a short lunch break is a regular occurrence. You must be able to keep up with the demands of the workplace.
- Flexibility - this is not a 9-5. You show up to work, you work until the job(s) is done, and then you go home. Some days you will work 15 hours, some you will not work at all. You must be available on weekends and holidays (except for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professionalism and the ability to interact positively with customers
How to Apply
If you are interested, please attach your cover letter and résumé and email to Newneighborsmoving@gmail.com and in the subject line put "moving job"